20th Largest output globally
The country faces a shortage of skilled, technical workers
OVER 20% OF THAI FIRMS REPORT
A LACK OF APPLICANTS WHO MEET THEIR
BASIC AND TECHNICAL SKILL REQUIREMENTS
OVER 80% OF THAI FIRMS RATE
WORKFORCE IT SKILLS
AS REQUIRING IMPROVEMENT
TVET IS ESSENTIAL, POWERFUL, & PROVEN.
TVET prepares students for innovation-driven careers and works to improve Thailand’s current workforce skills.
Working with significant private sector involvement, the technical vocational education and training for workforce development component will establish a platform for linking TVET in schools directly to industries, in order to develop and upgrade Thailand’s workforce skills.
The 6 Enjoy Science TVET Hubs will:
1. Train educational leaders (principals, officials, etc.)
2. Be centered around key industries (auto & energy)
3. Impact thousands of teachers and tens of thousands of students
4. Train master teachers
5. Provide monitoring & evaluation
6. Provide professional development for teachers & principals
7. Enhance curriculums with private sector input